In today’s world, our entertainment systems run our life. And one of the most essential components of these is our gaming consoles. This accommodates the most important things to be with us for the majority of our time.
As the world is moving forward, people are getting more and more stressed under their heavy workload. This is why they need a few ways to help them out in relieving this stress. This is where gaming comes in handy. Due to the newest developments in technology, gaming has been advanced too, providing gamers with a lifelike experience.
Due to this, gaming systems have become extremely important to a large number of people and even a small abnormality caused to their gaming console might cause a situation of panic. This is quite frustrating because gaming has also become a method of income for a number of people.
Xbox recently came down with a lot of interesting features and made the gaming experience much powerful for all users. All the models of Xbox One have been very successful and widely appreciated. But it is quite easy to figure out that there might be some flaws in the functioning due to the power that is experienced.
One of such flaws witnessed in the Xbox One is a new functionality issue. This means that users have been going through trouble in trying to turn it on. It is okay, Even PS4 has a known issue of not charging, We also have a fix for PS4 Controller Not Charging, So don’t worry. This is a quite simple issue and can be resolved without many frets but you need to know the reason behind it.
Another such issue is that the Xbox One controller won’t turn on. This too can happen due to multiple reasons and we will discuss those too. We will learn about the ways to fix both of these issues in a quite simple way.
How To Fix “Xbox One Won’t Turn On” Issue
Before getting to the part about fixing the issue, let’s first discuss the reason behind the problem. It might be due to the power supply of the console. Either there’s an issue with that or it isn’t connected to your console properly. Anyhow, it can be checked through some easy steps.
- Check the connection of the power supply to your console. Ensure that it is firm at the back of the console and connected to the right power outlet of the wall.
- If the connections are right, check the power outlet on the wall itself. This can be done by using a multimeter or you may connect different electrical components to check for it.
If there are no external issues due to the power supply then there might be an internal problem with the console’s power supply. In such a case, we need to perform a power reset on your Xbox. Let us first discuss the steps to carry out on Xbox One X and S. This can be done by following the given steps:
- You need to disconnect the power supply from the back of the console and keep it that way for about 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the cable and check if your console turns on by pressing the Xbox button on your console.
- If it turns on, then your problem is resolved.
Now, in order to carry out the same on an original Xbox One console, you need to follow the given steps:
- Disconnect the console from the power supply from behind and also disconnect the power supply from the wall power outlet.
- After 10 seconds, reconnect all of it and check if the console starts up.
- If it turns on, your problem is resolved.
If the problem persists, then the console might need repair and must be taken to a certified technician.
How to fix “Xbox One controller won’t turn on” issue
As I mentioned above, I will be discussing the ways to troubleshoot the issue if your controller isn’t turning on. Now at first, check if the batteries of the controller aren’t discharged. If they are, then either recharge it, if they are rechargeable or replace them. It makes use of AA batteries. And if there isn’t any issue with the batteries, follow the given steps to reset your Xbox One’s power:
- Hold down the power button on your console for 10 seconds to completely switch off your Xbox One.
- Reset the console’s power supply by unplugging it for several minutes.
- Connect your controller to the console using a working micro-USB cable.
- Plug the console back in and start it up without disturbing the controller until the console boots up.
- Now press the Xbox button on the controller to see its functionality.
- If it works, your problem is resolved.
If the issue still persists, try to get your controller to a technician for a closer look to see what the problem is.
I hope I was able to help you with your query and you are able to use your Xbox One console as well as its controller with its complete functionality. If the issue is still persisting, get your console or controller checked by a technician or visit support.xbox.com. If the content was helpful, please leave a like on the post. You may even leave your feedback or any other query in the form of a comment.